7 Steps To Prepare Your Company for Disaster
7 Disaster Preparedness Steps for Your Company
Catastrophic events happen almost everywhere, and Fort Lupton, CO, is not exempt. Disaster preparedness is a must for every company, and there are several ways to ensure the safety of your employees and your business. Consider the following steps you can take to be sure you are ready for various types of incidents.
1. Assess every risk. Your business should research every potential risk and disaster, both common and uncommon. It’s crucial to know what you’re getting into before something happens.
2. Have a continuity plan. Analyze your finances and business procedures to pinpoint what is needed for your company to continue on after a disaster. This includes hierarchy of power, emergency payroll, backed-up accounting systems, data recovery plans and more.
3. Stay up to date on your insurance coverage. Fully understand what your insurance covers and what it does not. Know how to file efficient claims if needed.
4. Have an evacuation plan. Evacuation plan maps should be posted throughout the entire building to indicate the best ways to escape when necessary.
5. Have a shelter plan. Just as evacuation maps are posted, shelter plans should be posted as well. Whether it’s a tornado, earthquake, lock-in or severe storm, you should have multiple shelter areas that are quickly and easily accessible to everyone in each part of your building.
6. Plant first-aid kits and supplies throughout your building. Emergency supplies are incredibly important for disaster preparedness. Keep several of them in safe places.
7. Keep employees informed. Whether it’s through regular meetings, drills or memos, make sure your employees are not only aware of your business preparedness plan, but fully understand it as well.
If disaster does hit, all is not lost. Recovering is possible with a great disaster preparedness plan and a little help. Have the information of restoration specialists on hand in case of an emergency. Incidents happen, even in Fort Lupton, CO, and your company should be prepared.